Thursday, February 6, 2014

Catching up...

So, here it is, Thursday already, and I'm finally getting around to posting about our wonderful weekend we had last weekend. Excuse my absence, but a sick toddler, sick momma herself, and a snow day make for one chaotic week! 

Anyway, we had one heck of a weekend last weekend! Friday night, we went out to dinner, and then a trip to Target for "a few things" turned into over an hour excursion. "I only needed deodorant!" said hubs. Welcome to my life. 

Saturday, Justin decided to do some work on our new guest bedroom in the basement, so I decided to take T to her first movie. I'd been hearing how good Frozen was, and I know a girl that just took her 2 year old, so I figured I'd give it a whirl. At least it was an afternoon matinee and if we had to leave early, I'd only be losing $5 bucks. 

That didn't happen. The kid loved it. And I loved watching her! She danced and clapped when they sang, and laughed out loud when the rest of the audience did. And, ate and ate. She was very excited about getting her own popcorn and she killed a hot dog. Did I mention she went potty twice too?  Overall, it was a success, and I can not wait to take her to her next movie! Saturday night, we took it easy, made homemade pizza for dinner, and rested up for the big day ahead of us Sunday!

Sunday morning, we woke up to about 5 inches of snow. I made a big breakfast and while cleaning up the kitchen, Justin took T outside to play. She loves the snow. Actually, she loves EATING the snow. Regardless, she did not want to come in. That is, until I told her she could help me make brownies and buffalo chicken dip for our Super Bowl Party that evening. She's always excited to help me in the kitchen!

Before our Super Bowl Party, we had a birthday party to attend that afternoon. Tinley's cousins, Laney (middle left) and Lexie (middle center) have birthdays 4 days apart, so they had a combined birthday party at Skate World. I was shocked they had skates small enough for Tinley, and that she actually got out on the rink, but I think she liked it! It was the cutest thing ever. They also have bounce houses, arcade games, bowling, and putt-putt. It's a great place for kids of all ages, and I see lot's of trips there in the future. T especially loved the bounce house, and I didn't think we would get her and Laney out at one point!

Our friends, Dawn and Drew, hosted the Super Bowl Party that evening, although I have to admit, I didn't even know the score until about half-way in... I was too busy gorging myself over all the yummy goodies and watching all the kiddos playing (10 in all, not including 4 babies, and 2 more on the way!) so needless to say, I didn't see much of the game, but I did make sure to watch the half time show. And, I have to admit, I love Bruno Mars! Even though he seems to do the same thing over and over again, it somehow never gets old. I would love to see him in person one day!

I think it goes without saying that we all slept good Sunday evening, but it was so worth it! I love weekends like this, and we have another busy one coming up! I'll try not to post about next Thursday. ;o)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover