Friday, July 5, 2013

Recipe: Heath Bar Cake

My MIL made this delicious Heath Bar Cake a few months ago when she was in town, and I LOVED it. Duh. No surprise there that Kelly liked a dessert, right?! Chocolate, caramel, whip cream... what's not to like? By the way, my husband said it's also called "Better Than Sex Cake"...

Anyway, she gave me the recipe and I actually made it for a cookout we had last weekend. It turned our great and was a hit, so I thought I would share the recipe with ya'll. I mentioned before that I'm not the best cook/baker, so if I can do it, anyone can! It's really easy. 

Here are the ingredients:



1 box of cake mix (I used German Chocolate, but you could use regular chocolate or Devil's Food, it doesn't matter really)
Caramel syrup 
1 small can of sweetened condensed milk
1 tub of cool whip
1 bag of crumbled Heath Bar bits (I found these in the baking aisle by the chocolate chips. You could also crumble up a few Heath bars for the same effect.)
Vegetable Oil and 3 eggs for the cake mix

So step 1 is to make the cake mix like directed on the back. Pretty self explanatory. Just don't burn it!
It took 30 minutes for the cake to finish. Once it does, take it out and let it cool. Then, using a wooden or plastic spoon, poke holes all over the top of the cake like this:


Then, pour the caramel sauce in all of the holes:


After that, you pour the entire small can of sweetened condensed milk over it:


Next, top it will the Cool Whip. I actually used an entire small tub. 


Sprinkle the Heath Bar pieces over top and chill it until you're ready to serve. The colder it is, the better. And, it won't be as messy! I was only able to chill mine for about an hour, and although it was delish, it was messy and didn't slice very well. 


That's it! You could really skip the Heath Bar pieces on top, and leave it plain, or even just add chocolate shavings. It's really up to you. Have fun with it and enjoy! :o)



1 comment:

  1. This looks delicious! Although in general I'm a fan of anything with caramel, so this definitely seems like something I'd fall in love with.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover