Monday, December 10, 2012

Birthday Weekend

I promised you all that this post would be better than the last. Here goes:

So, this past weekend was my birthday. The big 2-7. Boring. Once you turn 21, birthdays just aren't as fun. Except for the fact that your insurance goes down at 25. Other than that, not much to look forward to. Just another year closer to 30. But, hey, I'm okay with that. Considering that I get still get carded for Nyquil at Target, I think it's safe to say that I definitely don't look my age, and, most days, I don't feel it. I have a pretty good life, so I'll embrace another candle on the cake. 

Anyway, Friday night, we stayed in, I made dinner, hubs (who by the way, his name is Justin, so I'll refer to him by name from now on :o) ) worked on our house (I'll save the details for another post), Tinley (our adorable 10, almost 11 month old) stuck to her usual routine: bath at 7:30 and bed at 8, and we had a few Christmas Ales and hit the hay not long after that. Pretty typical night in the Slater house. 

Saturday was my actual birthday. Tinley must have known that. She slept until 9 am! I enjoyed sleeping in also. Those of you who know me, know I LOVE to sleep. Or at least, I used to. I don't get to much anymore, and I'm okay with that, but every once in a while, it sure is nice to sleep past 7:30. Anyway, once she woke up, we came downstairs, had breakfast, and I opened my cards and gifts. Now, Justin knows me pretty good, almost too good at times, and he got me a GREAT gift. He knows how much I've wanted to do this blog. And he also knows how much I love my friend, Denise's blog, Gratefully Inspired, (Check it out ya'll!) so, being the sweet husband he is, he E-mailed her, (Yes, he E-mailed a complete stranger, just for me!), got some details on who helped her with her blog, because, let's face it, mine needs some serious help, and arranged for Bobbi at Ready to Blog to transform my blog. Best. Gift. Ever. I can't wait to start working with her and see her magic happen on my own page!  So, that was a pleasant surprise to start off the day! Did I mention the card? His card was super sweet. I'm a sap for cards. Tinley picked out a Mickey Mouse card for me too. I love them. Anyway, most of the day was business as usual. We went to dinner Saturday night at Kalahari. It's this HUGE waterpark right in our hometown. People come from all over the world to spend time here. This place is gynormous. Seriously, it should have its own zipcode. Anyway, some of our friends, The Lowe's, also knows as Jeremy and Jamy, and their two little adorable girls, Addison and Ashlyn, were spending the weekend there, so we decided to join them for drinks and dinner, and then spend some time walking around the arcade and the jungle gym. Tinley loved it! I can't wait to take her there when she's a little older. I recommend everyone checking it out. We called it a night after getting some ice cream to go. It couldn't have been a more perfect night. 

Sunday was actually our cousin, Ashley's, birthday, and after baking Christmas cutouts all afternoon and watching the Browns win, (for the 3rd straight game!!!) we spent Sunday evening at dinner with our whole family at Mekong, this great, local Vietnamese restaurant with the best beer selection you've ever seen. Justin & I both had Thirsty Dog's Twelve Dogs of Christmas. For those of you who haven't tried it, you MUST. Justin swears it's better than Christmas Ale. I've never seen it on tap before, so we were pretty excited!

All in all, it was a pretty good weekend. I guess 27 isn't so bad after all. Here are a few pics for you to enjoy. Until next time, keep walkin' on sunshine! xoxo


 Our sweet girls at Kalahari! Tinley in the middle, Addison on the left, and Ashlyn on the right. Note Ashy's blue mouth. She won blue Laffy Taffy doing "The Limbo" during dinner! Seriously, is Kalahari the ultimate place for kids or what?!

 Tinley enjoying a carousel ride

 Watching the big girls play arcade games

My family
 



Christmas cutouts. Christmas Ale. Browns football. Perfect Sunday afternoon.

Waiting for dinner at Mekong



1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness I am so so excited you started a blog! Can't wait to add you to my daily reads. And your hubby is seriously the SWEETEST! I loved chatting with him through email haha. And ohhhh you will love Bobbi. She's wonderful. Gosh I'm so excited! Glad you had a good birthday sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover